Join Our Team
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Consider using your skills and experience to make a real difference in the lives of people with palliative illnesses and their loved ones. Join us as we help individuals live fully in comfort and with dignity while providing support for families, friends, and caregivers.
Job Opening: Fundraising Events Coordinator
St. Joseph’s Hospice is seeking a dynamic, detail- and results-oriented individual who is a creative, strategic, big-picture thinker, who has a passion for helping others.
With the direction of the Director of Community Engagement & Development, the Fundraising Events Coordinator works closely with the Community Engagement & Development team and Volunteer Event Committees.
This position is responsible for the logistics, planning and financial management of Hospice’s events portfolio, including community-based and signature events. They are responsible for event planning, production and implementation, volunteer management and development of new event opportunities.
Inherent in the job is the flexibility to work overtime during evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Together with the Director is responsible for the overall strategic direction of the events portfolio and executes on multi-year deliverables.
- Responsible for the planning and budgeting, implementation and success of Hospice’s three annual signature events: Handbags for Hospice, Hike for Hospice, and Bites and Bubbles.
- Works with committee members and the development team to recruit volunteers for event committee positions.
- Assists with orientation, training and recognition of volunteers.
- Provides support and direction when necessary, to members of steering and subcommittees, including conflict resolution and volunteer performance issues.
- Negotiates supplier/vendor agreements for all events.
- Provides lead day-of-event support, including evening and weekend events for partnered and signature events
- Provides lead day-of-event support, including evening and weekend events for third-party and signature events.
- Leads the event evaluation process and prepares the final event report.
- Is responsible for all event data and ensuring complete and accurate records in the database.
- Develops new event concepts for evaluation, including marketplace feasibility research, and implements approved concepts.
- Oversees strategies to engage the community in independent (third party) fundraising.
- Supports all internal events and ensures they adhere to Hospice policies and procedures (what does this mean?).
- Working in close collaboration with the Communications and Design Coordinator, this role Identifies communication and marketing needs for events and oversees the development of collateral and content.
- The incumbent is an accountable team player who embraces and consistently enacts organizational values of respect, caring, integrity and partnership, supported by being authentic and accountable to themselves and the team.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 3-5 years paid development and events experience with a successful track record in developing & executing revenue-generating events.
- Proven track record of leveraging opportunities and leading & motivating volunteers to increase revenue for existing events and drive revenue for new events.
- Exposure to advertising, publication and promotion development plus exposure to corporate/public relations within a fundraising environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of budgeting and accounting principles.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with staff, volunteers and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service and apply sound judgment when dealing with donors and volunteers.
- Detail-oriented with a strong creative bent.
- Strong management skills with team player orientation.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently, superior organizational skills and strict attention to detail, ability to work under deadline.
- Strong technological skills – Microsoft Office, and a solid knowledge of database management.
- Post-secondary degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Go-to-it personality with a positive outlook and high energy.
- Flexible schedule to meet the demands of the position.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License
- Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence
- Critical thinking and decision-making
- Conflict management
Deadline to Apply: Friday, December 6, 2019 at 5:00 pm
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to:
Fran Doig, Human Resources Coordinator
St. Joseph’s Hospice is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates, who embrace our core values, and will accommodate applicants’ needs throughout all stages of the selection process. Please liaise with HR to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. All information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.