Our Hospice Family
We are blessed to have wonderful people working with us at St. Joseph’s Hospice.
Our nurses, personal support workers, and physicians along with client services and supportive care staff provide expert care for people living with a terminal illness, their family members, and to those grieving the loss of a loved one both within our hospice home and in the community.
Our volunteer services team help to recruit, recognize and retain caring people to help us deliver renowned programs and services.
Our community engagement and development team ensures sustainability for the organization with a goal to raise more than $1.3 million each year.
Our administrative and leadership teams work to ensure St. Joseph’s Hospice continues to be a leader in the area of hospice palliative care.
Personal Support Worker (PSW)
One day my friend asked me, “how do you work so hard and keep a positive attitude?” My response: Because I am fortunate.
- Fortunate to have a job that is my passion.
- Fortunate because it’s an honor to do what I do.
- Fortunate because with it I have the opportunity to return the support I have received.
- Fortunate to work with people who want to work with me.
- Fortunate because there are people who thank me from their heart for the little help I give them.
- Fortunate because I have the opportunity to meet incredible human beings.
- I’m sarcastic
- I don’t read the book (I watch the movie!)
- I don’t eat veggies
Special Events Coordinator
I am driven each and every day by the dedication and compassion we receive from our volunteers. Working on the three signature events for St. Joseph’s Hospice allows me the pleasure of working closely with our volunteer planning committees. Getting to know each of them so intimately and learning about their journey to Hospice motivates me to do the best I can to help them reach their goals and to see their faces light up when they walk into the venue on event day is my favourite part of the job.
- Can talk in full sentences with her lips closed
- Favourite food: all the cheese this world has to offer
- Interviewed Steven Tyler